School Year Calendars
Our school year calendar can be found below. We do align with the Albany County School District for holiday breaks. Our school year starts on August 25, 2022, the same as the District. We do have a summer program in June/July each year as well.
Open School 2022-2023 Calendar
2021-2022 Open School Calendar
Monthly Calendar and News:
Peppermint Parade Program December 2022
August 2021 DIrector Newsletter
There will be a $40 semester supply fee on your September and January statements. These fees cover the supplies for the year for crayons, paper, markers, glue, etc. The following is a list of what to bring for your child:
- Water bottle (labeled with name) to be taken home to be washed/refilled daily
- Backpack – optional. If your child wants a backpack or you want the ease of carrying things back and forth. Most kids enjoy having a school backpack
- 1 Box of Kleenex/tissues for your child’s classroom
- 1 tub of Clorox/sanitizing wipes for your child’s classroom
- A complete change of clothing – in case of accident, mud, whatever. To be stored in their cubby bin to use as needed
- Indoor shoes – easy to manage, Crocs, slippers, something to slip on to keep the floors clean.
- Daily snacks – to be discussed at orientation, but a morning snack (around 9:30 a.m.) and an afternoon snack (around 3:45) if your child stays late. You can bring a box of snacks to leave, or provide daily snack for your child.
- Daily lunch/lunchbox if your child stays for lunch (11:30-12:30)
- 1 bottle of sunscreen to be shared (unless you have a specific sunscreen for your child)
- 1 wide face stick of sunscreen labeled with your child’s name (individual use only)
- Face coverings/masks to wear indoors, labeled, wash regularly
- Walking shoes – sneakers, something comfortable to walk to the park, play soccer, impromptu physical activities. If you have an extra pair that can stay at the school in case your child wears sandals, boots, etc.
- Winter clothing – snow pants, snow boots, hats, mittens, coat – when the weather turns, labeled please, extras to leave her during the school year are handy. We do go outside unless it is below zero with wind chill.
Monday – fall afternoon – UW PE class
Tuesday – (every other) story time at the library
Wednesday – Spanish in the morning, PreK swimming afternoon
Thursday – Music in the morning
Individual class schedules – cooking, science, field trips